Lingual Arch Space Maintainer
- The purpose of the lingual arch space maintainer is to hold space for other permanent teeth.
- It is a passive appliance. No teeth are being moved.
- It might take two or three days for your child to get accustomed to the appliance. Some children say that it feels like the lower front teeth are sensitive. If this is the case, Tylenol or Advil may be used.
- Please do not eat any gum or sticky candy. These might dislodge the appliance.
- Please keep the lingual arch clean. Brush it thoroughly with your toothbrush.
- Occasionally, the lingual arch might come loose. If this happens, please call the office so that it can be recemented.