- Separators are little elastics placed between the teeth. They create just enough space between the teeth so that Dr. Orenstein can fit metal bands on them comfortably.
- Please brush your teeth normally, right over the separators. However, do not use floss in these areas.
- Do not chew gum or sticky candies. These might pull out the separators.
- If a separator or even a few separators should fall out on their own, while eating or brushing, there is no need to have them replaced. This means space has been created.
- Separators might be uncomfortable for a day or two. Tylenol or Advil taken every four hours is recommended if necessary.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the office. THANK YOU!